Health & Safety Adviser
Based at our Warehousing Site, Muirhall, in West Calder, with additional travel to the Edinburgh Distillery Site where required.
The Warehousing Site requires a Health & Safety Adviser to assist in ensuring absolute compliance with health and safety legislation whilst maintaining the continuous improvement of the health and safety management system.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring the required health and safety documentation is in place and remains relevant for all work activities and plant / equipment, and that this is adhered to by working closely with Production and Engineering colleagues.
- Delivering Company-wide safety improvement projects as agreed with the Health & Safety Manager and supporting each department area with their Safety Improvement Plans.
- Responding to any accidents and near misses promptly assisting Line Managers in undertaking investigations, completing root cause analysis and assisting the Company in learning from these events to prevent recurrence.
- Developing and delivering internal health and safety awareness / toolbox talk presentations and assisting with the management of the safety aspects of the online learning management system.
- Assisting Senior Management in the collation of data for monthly reporting and Company KPIs.
- Offering support and advice to all other departments regarding Health & Safety issues and acting as a mediator in cases where there is disagreement.
- Liaising with the relevant regulatory bodies regarding COMAH compliance and ALARP / best practice principles.
- Carrying out safety induction training for new employees and contractors where required.
To succeed in this role, the following qualifications, skills and attributes are required:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent health and safety management qualification is essential
- Previous whisky industry experience in a compliance role is highly desirable
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills, with a customer-focused approach
- Strong planning and organisation skills, with the ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Applies an engaging, proactive and motivated approach
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in delivering a professional standard of work.
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th April