Full-time position, based at the Distillery on Wheatfield Road, Edinburgh.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Maintenance Manager based at our Edinburgh Distillery. This role is a vital part of the Edinburgh Manufacturing Team, helping to ensure the continuous, smooth operation of the facility and utilities. The position will focus on the day-to-day management of a skilled engineering team, as well as management of the preventative maintenance plan.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities meet the necessary Company health and safety requirements, complying with current legislation to maintain a Safe Working Environment.
- Managing the daily engineering activities closely linked to the manufacturing plan.
- Maximising the availability of assets, maintaining and improving their performance for as long as is reasonably practicable.
- Providing effective leadership for the Engineering Team.
- Liaising closely with the Technical and Production teams to permit the successful and efficient execution of all required maintenance activities.
To succeed in this role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- A proven record of organising and prioritising maintenance operations.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in compiling and reviewing work instructions and risk assessments, in addition to performing isolations.
- Have a passion for high quality workmanship and drive for better standards.
Qualifications and relevant experience:
- Working knowledge and understanding of H&S, HMRC and environmental risk management principles, including all relevant legislation.
- Time served in an engineering discipline or degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Have experience of working in a maintenance management role within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have experience of working in an FMCG environment.
This role will involve a 35-hour working week. It also comes with benefits, such as a competitive salary, access to private healthcare and the opportunity to enrol in our Company pension scheme.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th August, 2018.