Permanent, full time position, based at the Distillery on Wheatfield Road, Edinburgh.
An exciting opportunity exists for a role transition within our Edinburgh Manufacturing Team, through an internal vacancy for Manufacturing Training Manager. The role is day-based, normally working Monday to Friday. Some flexibility is expected when job needs require out of hours activity associated with support and training for shift-based employees.
Reporting to the Production Operations Manager, some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensuring that all manufacturing employees are introduced to and aware of all relevant policies and procedures applicable to their role, and that they receive the necessary training and support, so that their competence can be assured, demonstrated and recorded.
- Development of Competence Checklists for each role within Manufacturing to list key aspects and requirements that must be assessed on an employee by employee basis with agreed performance thresholds to be achieved before the employee can be considered competent to undertake the role without enhanced support and supervision.
- While the primary focus will be on implementing Training best-practices across Manufacturing, they will provide support in other areas, such as Focussed Improvement Groups and review and update of Work Instructions and Risk Assessments.
- Developing role-specific training plans and a methodology for assessment of competence. The execution of plans will be the responsibility of the employee’s line manager, with support from the Manufacturing Production Operations Manager.
- Maintaining a strong, site-specific understanding of Risk Management and Permit Control, as well as a sound understanding of the requirements of Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) legislation and the Company’s related procedures, including each of the Major Accident Hazard and Risk Assessment scenarios.
To succeed in this role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing leadership role.
- A proven record of organising and prioritising production operations.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in compiling and reviewing work instructions and risk assessments, in addition to performing isolations.
Qualifications and relevant experience:
- Working knowledge and understanding of H&S, HMRC and environmental risk management principles, including all relevant legislation.
- Technical /Science Qualification Degree. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience of leading process operations in, distilling/ brewing or manufacturing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of PLC operating, such as SCADA, as well as good PC literary skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Completed or ongoing participation in an Institute of Brewing & Distilling diploma would be desirable.
- Recognised safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH.