Full-time, permanent position, based at the Company's Edinburgh distillery on Wheatfield Road, EH11 2PX.
A Quality Assurance Manager is required to lead the laboratory in Edinburgh, ensuring that the manufacture of Scotch whisky and its co-products meet defined standards.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead the Laboratory team and co-ordinate activities to deliver Customer Satisfaction and Excellence through Quality.
- Lead developments in spirit quality to ensure compliance with customer standards.
- Lead Co-Product Management to ensure compliance with FSSC2200 and FEMAS.
- Lead discussions and reviews with suppliers to ensure that raw materials meet standards and quality specifications.
- Liaise with key customers and suppliers on matters of final product, co-products and raw materials quality.
- Ensure all manufacturing stages of Scotch grain whisky and its co-products are carried out to the highest standards.
To succeed in this role, the following qualifications, skills and attributes are required:
- A degree in a chemistry, microbiology or similar discipline
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and reasoning skills.
- Experience in the Scotch whisky or brewing industry.
- Experience of leading or managing a laboratory in an industrial environment.
This role will involve a 35-hour working week. It also comes with benefits, such as a competitive salary, access to private healthcare and the opportunity to enrol in our Company pension scheme.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22 November, 2018.