Permanent, full time position, based at the Muirhall Warehousing Complex in West Calder.
Our warehousing site currently has a fantastic opportunity for an existing North British employee in the role of Resource Planner. Working closely with the Planning & Customer Service Manager, this position will support the day to day planning of all site resources; people, equipment and product.
Reporting to the Planning & Customer Service Manager, the key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Supporting the Planning and Customer Service Manager in the revision of current methodology, moving towards system driven plans.
- Planning and distribution of the work plan to line managers.
- Identifying shortfalls in resource and advising managers of these issues at a monthly meeting.
- Ensuring reports are updated on a real time basis for management review e.g. through a demand versus performance dashboard.
- Working closely with the operations teams to ensure that the weekly/monthly plans for activity are met.
- Analysing clearance orders to identify stock access issues in advance and coordinating resource accordingly.
- Supporting the Planning and Customer Service Manager to run performance reports as required.
To succeed in this role, the following skills, attributes and experience are required:
- An expert knowledge of day to day operations at our warehousing site
- Relevant planning and supply-chain experience is desirable
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to input and interpret data using IT systems, and develop reporting systems
- Good working knowledge of all relevant HSE legislation
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with third parties to ensure that all work is properly planned and coordinate
- A positive attitude with the desire to expand their skill set
- A passion for high quality workmanship and drive for better standards.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th October.